Messiah Lifeways is looking for a new team member who will bring their skills, experience, and enthusiasm to the important role of Infection Preventionist. We offer exceptional benefits and value a collaborative, purpose-driven workplace. If you meet the requirements below and are passionate about enhancing the lives of older adults, we want to hear from you!
Full time, day shift
The Infection Preventionist reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Director of Nursing, Medical Director, the Administrators, and other external stakeholders to develop a system of care that promotes infection prevention principles as directed by the CDC, CMS, OSHA and PA DOH and practices for the organization. This individual is accountable for decreasing the incidence and transmission of infectious diseases between residents, team members, visitors and the community. Through strategic planning, leadership and consultation, the IP will lead and direct a robust team in the identification and implementation of infection prevention goals and objectives throughout the facility covering each level of living.
- RN license in the state of Pennsylvania in good standing
- Have primary professional training in nursing, medical technology, microbiology, epidemiology, or other related field; and have completed specialized training in infection prevention and control as specified in F880 of Appendix PP (IP training required within 2 weeks of hire)
- Be qualified by education, training, experience, or certification in infection control. Must work at least part-time (20hrs) as IP for Nursing per week, in addition to supporting other levels of care
- Minimum of one (1) year of management or supervisory experience in nursing preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience preferred
- CPR Certification by approved program that meets state and federal regulations
Back to Open Positions