The Unit Manager assumes responsibility and accountability for assigned core programs. Leadership is provided to all nursing staff through daily oversight of nursing care on the assigned unit(s). Unit Managers adhere to the standards of care, manage the environment to maintain resident safety, and supervise the resident care activities performed by RN’s, LPN’s and Nursing Assistants. May act on behalf of the DON in his/her absence. Follows all policies and procedures and performs duties as defined by the State Nurse Practice Act.
Oversees all nursing staff of an assigned unit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have computer skills.
- Makes daily work assignments.
- Directs the work of employees.
- Schedules lunch and rest breaks.
- Authorizes overtime and early departure from work.
- Reassigns employees from one area to another area as facility needs dictate.
- Prepares written evaluations of assigned employees.
- Enforces facility policies with authority to issue disciplinary action as needed.
- Authority to suspend an employee for rules violation.
- Initials time records to authorize variances.
- Interviews applicants to be assigned to his/her area of responsibility.
- Receives/handles employee complaints.
- Participates in training programs and assists in orientation of new employees.
- Review all daily physician orders and check for follow through.
- Attends stand up and reviews 24 hour report.
- On call as scheduled.
- Assists with resolutions of resident/family concerns.
Responsible for overseeing facility core programs.
Complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
Treats all residents, visitors and staff with courtesy.
Attends and participates in in-service trainings, performance improvement, and other committees and meetings as requested.
- Knows and follows rules.
- Demonstrates proper equipment use and reports repair or replacement needs promptly.
- Follows facility smoking policies.
- Reports and documents any incident or accident involving residents, staff or visitors to the appropriate party.
- Performs all duties which may include transport of residents as outlined in the facility disaster plan.
- Wears required protective equipment.
- Follows all infection control procedures.
- Knows resident rights and helps residents exercise and protect them.
- Reports resident complaints to management.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident information.
Back to Open Positions