Primary Accountability: Under the general direction of the Director of Nursing the RNAC is responsible for overseeing the completion of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) and MDS 5 day, 14 day, 30 day, 60 day, quarterly, annual and significant change reviews. The RNAC will assist the DON by leading the Inter-disciplinary Care Plan Team in developing the Resident Plan of Care and updating it as residents care needs change. The RNAC will work with all staff members to see that the plan of care is implemented and progress toward goals is effectively documented in the resident chart. The RNAC will submit Medicaid/CMI information timely and accurately. The RNAC will work with the Business Office Manger to produce timely and accurate bills for Medicare. The RNAC will educate the skilled nursing licensed staff on documentation and MDS documenting tools. The RNAC will assist in the selection of appropriate residents for admission to the skilled facility.
Responsible to: Director of Nursing
Position Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct Interdisciplinary care team meetings.
- Coordinate, assemble and verify accuracy of Minimum Data Sets and quarterly assessments.
- Develop the Resident Nursing Plan of Care after gathering input from the resident, facility staff and family members.
- Assist the staff in becoming familiar with Resident Assessment Protocols.
- Perform resident assessments. Update care directives when MDS is prepared or altered due to changed resident needs.
- Audit the medical record for completeness, accuracy and effectiveness of documentation and continuity with Plan of Care. Perform chart audits including Medicare chart audits to prepare and distribute “cut” letters (Medicare Part A). Assure certification and re-certification sheets are signed timely and correctly.
- Assist with admissions, emergencies, transfers and discharges. Provide support to the social work staff in admission review, ensuring we admit residents whose care needs we can reasonably be expected to meet.
- Compile and review quarterly CMI data. Review with executive director prior to submission. Maintain monthly tracking of current CMI for whole house and for Medicaid. Review individual CMI data at each MDS submission.
- Provide direct supervision to the restorative nursing program staff including evaluation of the restorative nurse aides. Meet at least monthly with the restorative staff to review restorative documentation, programs and update as needed based on resident’s needs.
- Serve on committees as assigned.
Back to Open Positions