What will I do as an employee with Redstone?
As a Licensed Assessment Coordinator, supporting the Redstone mission will include the following responsibilities:
- Assist with coordinating MDS care conferences and MDS's, creating calendars for the nursing staff, as needed.
- Reviews on a weekly basis the care plan for each resident reviewed at care conference and places care plans for staff review. Assists with initiation and updating of care plans.
- Participates in care conferences with Care Team and updates care plans with new orders, as needed. Monitors care plan implementation to ensure resident needs are being met in accordance with individualized care plans.
- Reviews all pertinent information supporting MDS and enters it into the MDS program according to specific codes.
- Reviews Quality Measures report from the state on a regular basis. Participates with Care Team to review and determine appropriate action plan and CQI initiatives to maximize case mix.
What do I need for this role with Redstone?
- Graduate from an approved Licensed Practical Nursing School and has successfully passed the Licensed Practical licensure exams.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals or groups of managers, residents, family members, physicians, therapists, employees, and outside business contacts.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages and ratios using units of American currency when determining reimbursement amounts, documenting resident care information, and reviewing charts and reports.
- Uses the computer to enter and retrieve residents' skin assessment and care plan information, generate MDS and care plan schedules, and insert new assessment information. Uses the computer to transmit data to various external entities. Uses e-mail to communicate with others internally and externally. Individual should also have knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, and database software for creating reports, correspondence, and calendars.
What makes Redstone unique?
- Serving Westmoreland County since 1980, Redstone is a name people have grown to know and trust. We offer a full array of services for ages 55+ from Retirement Living, Personal Care, Long Term Care & Rehabilitation, and Redstone@Home Hospice, Home Care & Home Health Services.
- A non-profit faith-based organization, Redstone employs a philosophy based upon a ministry of caring and treating each resident with respect and dignity.
- Our collaborative approach modeled by our Leadership reflect our Core Values: Respect, Quality, Truth, Teamwork, Life Balance and Life-Long Learning.
Redstone Presbyterian SeniorCare and its Affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and follows a practice of affirmative action in promoting equal employment opportunity. Redstone Presbyterian SeniorCare and its Affiliates do not discriminate on actions involving recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment and promotion.EOE
Back to Open Positions