To plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate the nursing service in order to meet the total needs of the residents and to maintain a quality of service.
- Must have proven survey success and provide examples
- Develops and maintains nursing objectives and standards for the institution.
- Plans, organizes, and directs effective administration of each nursing unit, based on the above-mentioned objectives, standards, policies and procedures and assures patients of a comfortable, clean, orderly and safe environment.
- Evaluates nursing service needs and determines staffing requirements.
- Schedules hours for 24-hour coverage to comply with state code, assisted by supervisory unit personnel. Supervises and evaluates work performance of personnel in all units, assisted by supervisory unit personnel. Discharges personnel who are not qualified, or who violate policies, or when staffing requirements warrant it.
- Keeps immediate supervisors promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and may take necessary corrective action where appropriate or suggest alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Maintains required records; reviews, up-dates and revises policies, procedures, job descriptions to meet current objectives and standards.
- Advises and consults with administration on nursing administration and patient care. Prepares and submits required reports, and maintains statistics as directed. Attends department head meetings.
- Regularly inspects facility and nursing practices for compliance with federal, state and local standards and regulations.
- Responsible for the execution of patient care policies in the absence of a physician.
- Supervises the orientation and training of all nursing service personnel to maximize productivity and their work potential.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
Education and requirements:
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing
- Must be a Registered Nurse
- Must have prior Director of Nursing experience
- At least five years experience in supervisory capacity in a Long Term Care, hospital for extended care facility to include geriatric care
St. Barnabas Health System is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.*
*This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.*
Any employee who believes that he/she has been the victim of discrimination should immediately report the incident to the Corporate Compliance Officer or Director of Human Resources.EOE
Back to Open Positions