As a Director of Nursing, supporting the Redstone mission will include the following responsibilities:
- Effective leadership that includes supporting core values, addressing zero tolerance behaviors and maintaining active communication with employees supervised.
- Develop, maintain, review and revise yearly, (or as needed), a Policy and Procedure manual to ensure consistency of care in the daily operation of the nursing department through accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Establishes and monitors the annual operating budget of the nursing department and coordinates, monitors, and determines the daily staffing needs of the nursing department in compliance with state regulations.
- Communicates with all levels of management, physicians, department heads, staff, residents and their families, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, to ensure the timely integration of care plans and objectives to meet resident needs.
- Manages the nursing department through direct supervision to meet facility goals, objectives, and standards of conduct, organizational core values, zero tolerance behaviors, and all regulatory requirements. Develops programs as needed to meet the needs of the resident and maximize reimbursements.
- Plans, directs, and monitors the Quality Assurance/Improvement program to ensure quality resident care and delivery of services.
- Development of all Plans of Correction related to deficiencies identified through annual Department of Health inspections or complaint surveys. Submits reportable events as required through state and federal regulations.
- Initiates immediate intervention in alleged abusive situations to protect the residents and investigates the reports such allegations in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- A Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in nursing; or one to two years related experience and/or training as Assistant or Director of Nursing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Registered Nurse License.
- At least 2 years of long term care nursing experience; preferably in a supervisory role.
Back to Open Positions