This position plans, organizes, and directs health care service programs for the Department of Corrections (DOC) State Correctional Institution (SCI) at Dallas.
We offer an excellent compensation package, including competitive income, generous paid time off, health insurance, and an excellent retirement package. We want to hear from you, so apply today!
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
As a Corrections Health Care Administrator for the Department of Corrections, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, and administering the health care services for the inmates. You will be overseeing contractors and Department staff, and acting as the designated health authority for medical and dental policy and procedures.
You will be responsible for reviewing all local medical procedures, meeting regularly with leadership, and developing and implementing emergency/disaster contingency plans when necessary. You will ensure adequate shift coverage, assignment of personnel, and maintenance of medical records. Responsibility also includes supervising the office management, selection of new employees, and total operation of the Medical Department.
If you have the desire to bring leadership and expertise to a fast paced, dynamic organization, the Department of Corrections wants to hear from you!
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday, with 30-minute lunch.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- Selected candidates who are new to employment within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania will begin employment at the starting annual salary of $78,612 (before taxes).
- This position is eligible for full retirement benefits at age 50 or 55.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Six years of professional medical experience in the care and treatment of the physically ill, which included three years of supervisory or administrative experience in a hospital or infirmary, and a bachelor’s degree in a health related field; or
- An equivalent combination of experience and training, which included three years of supervisory or administrative experience in a hospital or infirmary.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
- A conditional offer of employment will require submission of criminal history reports at your expense. See hiring agency contact information.
- You must pass a background investigation.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.EOE
Back to Open Positions