Assist the Director of Nursing in the management of the nursing service department with emphasis on the daily operation of the department and the quality of care provided. Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must be a graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the PA State Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Must currently be licensed as a Registered Nurse by the PA State Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing, medical practices and procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable of all legal regulations, guidelines and best practices that pertain to long-term care.
- Must possess leadership, communication and people skills, supervisory abilities, and the capability to develop staff skills.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality of care.
- Must understand the basics of budgeting and financial reporting.
- Must possess the ability to create a collaborative and efficient workplace with attention to quality standards and policies.
- Must keep abreast of changing standards in nursing administration through continuing education.
- Must possess an aptitude for problem solving.
- Employment is contingent on completion of all required pre-employment screenings including a criminal background check and Medicaid Exclusion Screening, both indicating negative results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the formulation of nursing service policies and decision making.
- Act as a liaison between Nursing Services and other departments.
- Make available to the nursing department, the equipment and supplies needed to deliver quality resident care.
- Review and evaluate new admissions and determine any special needs for the residents.
- Coordinate and maintain nursing quality assurance audits and ensure quality of care standard
- Participate in the development, monitoring and correction of facility wide quality assurance standards. Communicate with the entire nursing staff regarding quality assurance. Identify areas of concern in resident nursing care and initiate corrective action.
- Monitor residents’ needs and quality of care provided to ensure complete and thorough assessments.
- Attend committee meetings as delegated by the Director of Nursing.
- Act as a resource person for staff members, providing guidance, direction and assistance as needed.
- Assume responsibilities of the Director of Nursing in her absence.
- Maintain and enforce all department and facility procedures inclusive of fire prevention and safety standards.
- Complete and submit state reports via ERS.
- Verbal reporting of abuse, neglect, and exploitation to appropriate agencies.
- Initiate and complete investigations that are warranted such as abuse, grievances, elopements, unusual incidents etc. as delegated by the DON.
- Monitor, report, and educate HIPAA compliance issues to HIPAA privacy officer.
- Comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
- Must be an active participant in the facility’s Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement (QAPI) program and Performance Improvement Project (PIP) and carry out roles and responsibilities as assigned. Must attend trainings for QAPI, follow policies and procedures in support of QAPI efforts, and support QAPI initiatives and findings. Must also report potential or actual non-compliance issues to the facility’s QAPI committee.
- Will possibly be subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor.
Back to Open Positions