Position Specific Responsibilities &Duties
- Will provide oversight and leadership of the unit in collaboration with the Director of Nursing including, direct supervision of staff including coaching, performance improvement notification, and developing action plans for growth and development, conflict resolution, and participate in the interview process for new hires.
- Direct responsibility for quality of care delivery assessing residents, meeting with families, observing care delivery, routinely monitoring medication passes and treatment provisions while assessing team to resident interactions.
- Direct responsibility for the Wound Care Management, Infection Control, Clinical Staff Development, and Incontinence Control Programs.
- Oversight of fall prevention program.
- Participate in development of resident individual care planning process. Including assessment of needs, recognition of changes and updating of forms timely.
- Identify opportunities to improve care delivery, including process enhancements or policy alteration.
- Assist with physician’s rounds and physician’s orders.
- Assist with annual resident, staff immunizations.
- Ensure completion of annual nurse aide skill proficiency.
- Participate in Medicare audits, reviewing chart documentation and provide direction to licensed staff to ensure that documentation requirements are being met.
- Function as the Director of Nursing (DON) in the absence of the DON and as Registered Nurse Assessment Coordinator (RNAC) in the absence of the RNAC
Back to Open Positions