- Active Registered Nurse licensure (in state of hired location) required
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred
- CPR certification required
- Active or ability to obtain Wound Certification and Infection Preventionist Certification required
- One year experience working in Geriatric, Long Term Care or Rehab setting required
- One year supervisory experience required
- Ability to lead and instruct staff
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Manage Assisted Living daily operations in collaboration with Assisted Living Manager (ALM).
- Responsible for management, staffing and payroll of Assisted Living; prepares schedules to assure adequate staffing and quality care.
- Completes resident assessment and develops/maintains Plan Of Care based on daily rounds.
- Assure weekly lab work is completed and results are provided to physician.
- Complete and review the Health Care Practitioner form of all potential residents for accuracy, completeness and ability to safely care for the resident with Administrator/Assisted Living Manager.
- Responsible to perform accurate and timely resident assessment/re-assessments per policy and regulatory standards.
- Teach the Medication Administration Course and the Review Course to unlicensed personnel.
- Act as main contact for residents and families, assure that professional partnerships are cultivated between residents, family members and staff.
- Assist with maintenance of nursing policies, procedures, objectives and standards of practice.
- Review and make recommendations related to recruitment, interviewing, hiring, training, supervision and corrective action for nursing staff; responsible for appropriate documentation related to these tasks.
- Evaluate job performance of professional staff and review peer evaluations for assigned staff.
- Provide input and direction to the nursing Quality Assurance Program.
- Conduct regular staff meetings for all shifts.
- Assist with medical record supervision.
- Monitor resident census reports.
- Assist with licensure and certification tracking.
- Maintain budgetary control of supply inventory, cost containment and staffing.
- Promote and support culture of patient centered care and service.
- Collaborate with Director of Nursing regarding resident concerns or changes in condition.
Presbyterian Senior Living is a large non-profit organization comprised of a variety of locations, services and levels of care. Our organization is dedicated to our mission to provide compassionate, vibrant and supportive communities and services to promote wholeness of body, mind and spirit.
Back to Open Positions